Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Can you believe people are still falling for this?

I just got an email from Haseeb Kahn (who I have never heard of) and several thousand of his closest friends, here is the meat of the message . . .

When you forward this e-mail to friends, I! ntel can and will track it (if you are a Microsoft Windows user) for a two week time period.

For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay you $203.15.
For every person that you sent it to that forwards it on, Microsoft will pay you $156.29
And for every third person that receives it, you will be paid $17.65.

Within two weeks, Intel will contact you for your address and then send you a check.I thought this was a scam myself, but a friend of my good friend's Aunt Patricia, who works at Intel, actually got a check of $4,54323 by forwarding this e-mail.Try it; what have you got to lose???? Suresh ,

What have you got to lose? How about respect. This is STUPID and when you send it to someone you are saying " I beleive it and I think you will go for it too". And while I am at it, here are a whole bunch of email addreses you can do with what you like.

The first time I saw this one was around 1992. Most people didn't even have email much less knew how it worked. 1000 scams later I thought most people would be a little wiser.

1 comment:

  1. You must have gotten that from my sister. She send those, and I keep telling her not to.

    ReplyDelete