Friday, December 16, 2005

Big screen Christmas


We did it, we finally entered the HDTV world. And we have jumped in with both feet.

This Christmas we have given ourselves a brand new HP 58" DLP HDTV and matching stand.

Here is a link if you want all the geeky details
HP Pavilion MD5880n 58-inch 1080p

Those of you who know me, know how much I love the high tech toys. This is one of those areas that are really interesting. There is a lot going on in the digital display world Now I get to experience it first hand.

Of course we are going to have to upgrade our content. We are looking at trading in our DirectTV satellite systems for digital cable. I will let you know what happens.

3 comments:

  1. Since you can also hook up a PC, you'll need to move on into the living room and you'll have to get a wireless keyboard and mouse. Does your video card do 1920 x 1080? It's gonna look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right, this is basicly a 58" monitor. My current video card can do 1920x1080 but I think any game at the resolution will bring my processor to it's knees

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can surf the internet in widescreen though :)

    ReplyDelete