Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Geeeee Whiiiiiiz

About 10 years ago or so I used volunteer at our Elementary School, mostly I would read, sometimes I would do presentations with a computer and a projector and on special occasions I would do a "Gee Whiz" session.

This is when I would spout useless but interesting facts to the kids, after hearing said facts the kids would all have to say, in unison . . . . Gee Whiz. Of course this turned into Geeeeeeeee Whiiiiiiiiiz

It's been a while but I have a few to lay on you. Don't forget, after each fact - Geee Whiiiz

  1. Coca-Cola was originally green
  2. The State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska
  3. The first novel ever written on a typewriter: Tom
    Sawyer
  4. If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you
    have to go until you would find the letter "A"?: One thousand
  5. If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both
    front legs in the air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.

Gee Whiz !

12 comments:

  1. Well, how's that for timing - today I was the mystery reader in Kiley's pre K class.

    Ok, this isn't a fact, but tell me how many 2cent stsmps are in a dozen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that no single word in the English language rhymes with the word "Orange". Was that worth a Gee Whiz?

    On Frannie's stamp question, I would have to say 12?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to watch that Frannie, she's a tricky one. There are words that rhyme with orange, just not english ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frannie, do you remember the one (and it only works if you speak it) "If you had twenty sick (sounds like twenty-six)sheep and one died, how many would you have left?"

    Officially attributed to Uncle Herb (or Pop to everyone else). He was the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, OK Linda, but it doesn't work if you write it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda - Your memory amazes me! We have so many great riddles from my dad. I'm with you all the way - he was indeed the best!!

    You have 50 coins that make up $1.00. What are the coins?

    ReplyDelete
  7. 40 pennies, 8 nickles, and 2 dimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stuart, You are such a show off!

    Frannie, FYI, Stuart is like Bob's little brother, so he is really part of the family and can answer our riddles. Plus, he is kind of smart.

    I could have figured it out though, but I have been WORKING.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, so now we know who I am. Who is Frannie?

    ReplyDelete
  10. too bad CUZBO - Stu WON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Frannie's THE BOMB!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Who says "the Bomb" anymore!

    ReplyDelete