Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Darjeeling Limited


yes, I have been a major slacker when I comes to updating in April. Perhaps it all those showers or somehow Spring related. I thought I might mention a movie we recently saw. It's not the best or the worst but did rank high on the interesting scale. I will warn you, it's not for everyone. the terms "quirky" and "offbeat" leap to mind when trying to describe the film.


If you have ever seen the movie "The Royal Tenenbaums" you know exactly what to expect . . . or not to expect. Both movies were made by the same writer/director and have many of the same actors. If you like one, you should see the other.


The first time I saw TRT, I said to myself, "what is this?" I wasn't sure if I liked it, but I had to watch it. Then I had to watch it again. By the 3rd or 4th time, I really liked it! It grew on me. Because of TRT, The Darjeeling Limited had a head start.


Anyway, it has Owen Wilson (a product of Houston) in it so it's big time enough to find as a rental but obscure enough that no one has probably spoiled it for you. I would be interested to hear what you think.

3 comments:

  1. Not my cup of tea - Darjeeling I mean :)

    Oh, I had to say that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a good one - but did u try it?

    ReplyDelete