Friday, June 27, 2008

It happens to all of us

That's right, I am talking about birthdays. I think you can tell a lot about what phase of life someone is in based on their birthday celebration. When the kids are little they have nary a clue of what's going on, then it's all about the presents, then somewhere around when they hit double digit ages it's the center of attention AND the gifts.

I have an old friend who just had a birthday (this past Saturday), he stops by this site regularly, you have probably read his posts. He too is moving into the next phase, many of you will recognize it. We shouldn't be too quick to judge for all of us sooner or later we all will be donning the rubber pants and ordering the mashed carrots.

Happy Birthday Stu


3 comments:

  1. Stuart - I always knew you were an alien; now you have finally shown yourself. Where are Mulder and Scully when you need them?

    Happy Birthday! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what phase does Bob think I am entering. The "lost my mind phase!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Stu!

    ReplyDelete