Saturday, August 9, 2008

How much do you want to know?



First there were smoke signals, then there were letters, followed by email, IM's, then blogs now . . . . tweets. That's right - tweets.

There is a new time waster on the net and it's name is Twitter. This is a "service" where you, to quote this site " Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?"

So you basically broadcast little IM sized messages to everyone who has signed up to get them. These little messages are no longer than 140 characters long and are called . . . you guessed it - tweets.

I haven't twittered to tweeted, I can't even seem to manage to post a story a week on my blog but I just thought you might like to know.

2 comments:

  1. I found out about Twitter when I got an iPhone. There are MANY Twitter apps (free). I admit my blog style is close to Tweets in the sense that I post pictures with very little text, but I see it more as "a picture is worth a thousand words". What I don't get about Tweets is, are people expected to respond?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Stu, I agree, you always did have twitter tendencies. I think people can respond to tweets but it is not expected. I expect to see you in the digital oasis this week . . .

    ReplyDelete