Thursday, September 18, 2008

Now we cool

I am writing this from my usual computer desk in my living room. We have exited the powerless zone. One day after the stunning omission of repair work to our little transformer we have been made whole. CalientePhobia is on the retreat.




Unfortunately all is not perfect in suburbia. As we began to power up our electronic infrastructure we discovered that our trusty refrigerator of 18 years gave up the ghost during the Ike ordeal. Let us bow our heads and raise our glass . . . ahh Amana, I knew her well . . .




So we are moving on. I see a bright gleaming french door cooler in our future. What it lacks in cubic feet an shear brawn it makes up for with an extra door, a svelte physic an styling from this century.




We still have a pile of branches in our front yard and a battalion of trash bags lining the driveway but we are well on our way to Normalville

9 comments:

  1. Well, yeah on the power, boo on the fridge. So the last of the triple (it was a triple right) has finally passed. I have to honor that knowing I had it's sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so exited about this new fridge, thats the first think im going to check out when i come home... eventually hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what's with the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I linked to the picture of the old frig, then the original site switched the picture to a more, how shall we say, risque shot, so it changed on my site. I had to find a new frig. I think the new frig still imparts the idea of "out of date appliance" nes pa?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oOOooo nice use of "nes pa?" tres bein

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, nes who?

    Bring back the picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nes pas? = do you understand?

    the French - they have a different word for EVERYTHING

    Stu, you wanted to see the other picture of the olf frige?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, the old fridge. That's the ticket!!

    ReplyDelete