Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Wake up to thee Oat-Man, can't afford ya


One of our potential list developers was unsure of the release date of one of their favorite songs “Wake up to thee Oat-Man, can't afford ya” although I consider myself quite knowledgeable in the music of the 70s I did not recognize this tune (although that is not a prerequisite for inclusions on any of the lists). I was curious and asked for more information. I was then supplied with the lyrics as best as they could be recalled. Perhaps you know the artist and release date?

On the dock, there's a highway, cool whip in my hair
One smell I could eat dust, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw she moon light
My head grew heavy and my sack rolled in
I had to stop for the night
Dead fish in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
’this could be heaven or this could be hell’
Then she lit up a Ken doll and she showed me the way
There were horses down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...

Welcome to the hotel California
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
Renting a room at the Hotel California
Any time you're here, you can buy me beer.

Her mind is definitely-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls fins
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some days to remember, some days to forget

So I called up the captain,
’please bring me my wife
He said, ’we haven’t had that spilled in here since nineteen sixty nine’
And still those voices are calling from far away,
We threw-up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...

Welcome to the hotel California
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
They livin’ it up at the hotel California
What a nice surprise when you're out of ice

Mirrors are deceiving,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said ’we are all just prisoners here, of our own device’
And in the bastards chambers,
They gathered for the feast
The stab it with their silly knives,
But they just can't kill the feet

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
'Relax', said the nice man,
'We are, go back to your seat.
You can checkout any time you like,
But you can never pee!

1 comment:

  1. Were these the shoes he wore with the jump suit?

    ReplyDelete