Monday, December 1, 2008

It's That Time of the Year !


That's right, contracts almost up, time to get a new cell phones. Since Linda and I are almost the same person, of course we need the same phone. Also, if I figure out all the bells and whistles, I can flatten out the learning curve for my better half.
This time we went with one of those new-fangled touch screen phones, you know, like an iPhone but different. We were pretty happy with our old Samsungs so we will give the next generation a try.
Katie has a Blackjack II and Sarah has a Blackberry Curve, full blown smart phones. They seem to like them, they have a full keyboard which is nice. But they require a $30 a month data plan EACH. Ours just have that "virtual" keypad but I think it will be better than the standard number pad for sending texts, and it only needs a "lite" data plan ($15 each). I don't know if we will keep that plan or not.
Tell me, do you use your phone for anything other than phone calls and texts?

6 comments:

  1. We live at the other end of the spectrum. I have daughters that may not even turn on their phones 75% of the time. Trey the techno-engineer still has a phone-phone. Probably because he is paying the bill for it; wait till contract time, that will change. Pam has a company Blackberry and hates it. I have a work cell that theoretically plays music, por que? Isn't that what stereos (and possibly computers) are for? (Yes, I have no iPod.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can take the boy out of Avon Park but . . .

    Thanks for the honesty. Our daughters might choose to give up democracy before they gave up their phones

    I personally am fascinated by the technology

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give me RIM or give me death!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no Apple people among you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lemme guess, the academic from the NE is sporting a piece of fruit on her phone???

    ReplyDelete