Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Holiday season has officially started


Hope you have having a nice Thanksgiving break, we are. The annual turkey gouge fest was a success. I cooked my turkey upside down this year, it was a 20 pounder, the breast meat came out very juicy and the dark meat was cooked properly. The only problem was that it wouldn't win any beauty contests. You are supposed to turn it right side up about half way through cooking. I waited to about 3/4 of the way. It came out sorta pale and the skin wasn't real crispy. We used a rack in a pan and an unintended consequence was the rack marks left on the breast. The turkey looked like it had six pack abs, a regular Turkeynator.


But it tasted good. Two of my three girls braved the traffic and crowds on black Friday. I hid out at home and watched football. Did you see the Aggies defeat their instate rivals t.u. (Texas) who were ranked #13 at the time? That's 2 years in a row!

1 comment:

  1. I went to Best Buy at 7 a.m to see if I could get a couple of video games for the girls. I got one out of two, and I also got some DVD's.

    ReplyDelete