Sunday, March 16, 2008

Can you hear the whistle blowing?


The first 663 miles down another 524 to go. We made it to Clovis New Mexico on our first day. Clovis is the first town in NM after you cross over the Texas border. We made the journey with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, it really helps the time go by. The unabridged audio books are so much better than the movies.

We are staying in the nicest newest hotel in Clovis a Hampton Inn. We found a unique accessory on the desk in the room. Ear plugs. the main road going through Clovis and all the little towns in the area, is right next to rail road tracks. A train passes by on those tracks about once every 20 min. And of course, it's a law that they blow their horn has much as possible. To be honest it isn't that bad, I heard it while falling asleep and waking up but they never roused me from my slumber.

Colorado here we come, I hope the weather holds.

2 comments:

  1. I need to see if the girls would like audiobooks. They watch movies now. Emily tries to read, but she gets carsick when she does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you could find one that interests them. Who doesn't like to be read to?

    ReplyDelete