Sunday, March 16, 2008

It's snowing . . . again


The morning started with a train whistle, it was followed by a pretty good breakfast, and then as we packed up the car. The temperature was around 40. One of us looked down at our french manicured toe nails and realized that the only "shoes" we had were cute little sandals that we were wearing. I'm not saying which one of us it was, but the sandals were size 8.

We spent most of the day driving north on I-25 through Colorado. Harry and company narrowly escaped Lord Voldermort for the 4th time. Friends were dying, enemies were gaining on them and adolescent hormones were going nuclear.

We were hungry and in need of and shoe store. We hit Pueblo Co but we were right at the climax of the fight at Hogwarts so we drove on. By the time we made it to Colorado Springs the epic battle between good and evil had been decided, our GPS lead us to a Kohles store next to a McDonalds next to a gas station., and it began to snow. As we descended from our chariot, one of us (cute size 8) stepped into a puddle, this propel ed us through the parking lot into the store at warp speed.

We ate dinner at Noodle and Company - one of Katies favorite spots, it is still snowing (just like it did last time we were here) and the weather man says it will snow all day tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Katie is way more clever than anyone gives her credit for. If I tried the whole "I didnt pack any shoes, we're going to need to go buy some." bit we all know I would be SOL.

    On a completely unrelated note; I accidentally left all my clothes in Panama City. I already called the hotel. They don't have them. I called work, and they said that no, I couldn't wear my bathing suit to work.

    So...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good try Sarah, but lucky for you, you did not leave your clothes in Panama City over spring break. They are here in Houston! I knew you would be so relieved! You can pick them up over Easter.

    For the skiing Christys - I will be anxiously awaiting the reports of the trip up (or rather down) the mountain. I think the shuttle is the way to go! Be careful! Nicky and I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good thing Bob is clarifying the sandal owner wears a size 8 because the other clues about the French pedicure had me stumped.

    ReplyDelete